Deciding on whether to buy a product like NINTENDO 2DS XL or perhaps NINTENDO Switch, Grey? You’re in the right place as we’ll take you through all of the specs, features and look at the quality, pricing and reviews of both to help you make the decision on which one to go for.
Discover all reviews at Currys PC World:
NINTENDO 2DS XL vs NINTENDO Switch, Grey
When deciding on whether to buy NINTENDO 2DS XL or NINTENDO Switch, Grey, a very important consideration is the price. So we’re going to spend a bit of time looking at the price of both.
To start with, we looked at the price of the 451 products in the same category as NINTENDO 2DS XL, which is the Gaming consoles category. Of these 451 products the average price was £158.93, the most expensive was £999 and the cheapest was just £4.97. We then looked at the price of the 451 in the same as the NINTENDO Switch, Grey, which of course the average was £158.93, top price was £999 and cheapest £4.97.
We then looked specifically at the average price of products from Nintendo and Nintendo, the average was £110.20 for Nintendo, £110.20 for Nintendo. The max for each was £999/£999 and minimum was £2.97/£2.97
Price analysis of NINTENDO 2DS XL
Price analysis of NINTENDO Switch, Grey
- NINTENDO 2DS XL
- 4.8″ & 4.1″ screens
- Built-in WiFi
- SD memory card slot
- Top features:- Built for playing games all day – Improved controls create more interesting gameplay – Amiibos figures unlock additional features – Backwards compatible with all 3DS and DS games Built for playingThe Nintendo 2DS XL has large screens, so you’ll see more of the game, with a precise touchscreen. And because the automatic brightness adjusts to your surroundings, the screens will visible, even when you’re playing in bright sunlight.Improved controlsThe C stick tracks how hard you press it, so you can be more precise when controlling your character. The addition of the Z buttons gives even greater precision of control, allowing for more interesting gameplay.AmiibosMake use of the Nintendo Amiibos (sold separately), actual figurines that unlock extra features and unique characters within your games.Backwards compatibilityEvery 3DS and DS game can be played on the 2DS XL, so your entire collection is still viable.The 2DS XL connects to WiFi and has a browser so you can watch online videos – handy for when you get stuck and need a hint to beat the next boss.
- Product codes: 45496504571
- NINTENDO Switch, Grey
- HD 720p
- 32 GB hard drive
- Built-in WiFi
- Undock for portable gaming
- Up to 9 hours battery life
- Upgraded Switch, even better batteryThis new version of the Nintendo Switch has all the same great features of the original Switch, just with a much longer battery life. Depending on your game, you’ll get from 4.5 up to 9 hours of battery. Now when you’re stuck on long journeys, you’ll have even more gaming time.Hybrid consoleThe Nintendo Switch is designed to go wherever you do. With the ability to transform between a home console and a portable system, the Switch lets you play your favourite games for longer.Connect the HDMI cable to your TV to enjoy a traditional console gaming experience, or prop up the stand attached to the back of the device to play games on its built-in screen. When the time comes to leave the house, you can carry on gaming by attaching the twin Joy-Con controllers to the console and using the 6.2″ screen.Joy-Con controllersWith two wireless Joy-Con controllers, the Switch makes it easy to share a gaming experience with a friend, and you can link up to eight Joy-con controllers so that everyone can play. Featuring standard buttons and a directional joystick, each controller also has motion sensing and high-definition tactile feedback.32 GB internal memoryThe Nintendo Switch comes with 32 GB of internal memory for all of your gaming needs. This can easily be expanded, using microSDHC or microSDXC cards to add storage space to suit your needs.
- Product codes: 45496452292
What’s better NINTENDO 2DS XL or NINTENDO Switch, Grey?
There are obviously a number of differences between NINTENDO 2DS XL and NINTENDO Switch, Grey, but there are several things that you can use when comparing the two. The first of these, which we’ve already covered, is price. Make sure you spend a bit of time deciding how much you are willing and able to spend on your product to really get a good idea if the £129 cost of NINTENDO 2DS XL is closer to the expectation you had than the £279 pricep point of NINTENDO Switch, Grey.
Once you’ve nailed down everything there is to know on the price of both, the next step is to really study the reviews. Taking the time to read reviews of both will really help you to decide which is a better product between NINTENDO 2DS XL and NINTENDO Switch, Grey. We looked at the reviews over at Currys PC World for both products and found that NINTENDO 2DS XL scores out of 10 from reviews. Whereas NINTENDO Switch, Grey scores out of 10 from reviews.
It’s also really worthwhile spending the time to look at the key differences between the two products. For that you can use our comparison table about which looks at the main features of both products to give you a clear idea of where one product perhaps benefits over another. When comparing the two it’s a really good idea to have an idea in your mind of the key features that you need from your Gaming consoles as this will help you to narrow down the products that do or don’t meet your criteria.
NINTENDO 2DS XL
Matt at ReviewPros
8.57 out of